Friday, June 01, 2007

Single and Workin…

Several times attended social function outside Office, gathering, and parties, there’s a common greeting for me from the other people. Not pretty sure how things spread out, usually when I introduce my self, the respond would be, “Ahh you’re the new lady .. single and u;re working right…?” or if the lady doesn’t know me, in the next second the other lady who happen to know me start explaining my special status, “Single and working” Gosh.. I was kind of speechless first time, but I got used to it now hahaha

There’s nothing wrong with that, but it’s just that I feel like I’m some kind of alien for being single and working around the family’s ladies. And the second respond usually is that they will worry about me, how I decide to take the risk of being away from the family, coming all the way to Middle East, how do I go to the market, how I can survive living alone, etc. It is a nice concern, but somehow I fee like a cow stamped with a red mark which differentiate me from the other. So here I am, the new single and working Indonesian lady live in Mahboula. That’s how I am defined lately .. hehehe

Well actually I am a bit wondering, why they make it sounds like this is unusual in this country, while we have millions of other ladies who take the huge risk, even their live, with limited facilities, tight package, leaving their kids, husbands, and being “TKW” who earn the bread for the family.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

They forgot something in the line, Single,"attractive" and a working professional

Anonymous said...

Would you rather be married and not working?

Alina said...

Berly!! tricky question u have here
I havent tried married and not working yet, if I have experienced that then I would be able to tell you which one I'd rather be regardless which one I ended up being! There's always compromise and prioritizing in every step of the way right...

Anonymous said...

He..he.. a very cautious and diplomatic reply.

Looking forward to hear the final anwser from my dear single-and-working friend :-D

Anonymous said...

you already chose not to marry, kan?