Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Long Week End Get Away..


It supposed to be completely get away with no link to my current world at all.. but apparently I am too social to be completely solitude

Skip the first two days as the details are already diminishing.

I spent my last night in Singapore buying ‘Counterpain’ for my hurt ankle due to a long walk yesterday along Orchad carrying one full bag of books (thanks for the online advise Berly) and some other stuff (yea right..) I guess being an amateur pedestrian and lack of training in safe handling, lifting and proper step pays a price.

But somehow I managed to reach Clarke Quay walking and hop on one of the boat ride and took the 30 minutes ‘cruise’. Not really special actually, but it’s always nice to cruise a long clean river with illuminated by the spark and glow of colourful lights by river. The breeze was just perfect. Along the cruise, couples kissing and hugging, few girl friends hanging out and gossiping (what else?). And I noticed something disturbing, we passed by other boats and in each boat at least one lady sitting with the chin leaning on their fist, looking at the sky and do everything that implies that their mind is definitely lost somewhere in the sky .. Gosh.. and what most disturbing is I am one of them. Hahaha But I really enjoyed the ride, feel so light and relax, I free up my mind from anything and before I realized it, my face was curving a smile .. I can feel that the tour guide is looking at me with awkward look .. hahaha the hell with it..

Alone boat riding was one thing, but hanging out alone in the pub??? Turns out I am not that daring. I turned down the temptation of one great voice coming out from beautiful figure, playing guitar from one of the bar and walk my way back to my Hotel .. I am not that ready to be sitting alone, sipping my orange juice and cater conversation with complete stranger. Then the night ended with superb bean curd with ‘Nori’ layer in between cooked in brown sauce covered with ‘Enoki Mushrom’ completed with free flowing Chinese tea.



1 comment:

Berly said...

so how many books that you bought? do you like them?